Generate Media Attention
Social Media Checklist
1. Add relevant hashtags and tag @CARE in each social post. Always include a photo or an image with your post and tweet.
2. Follow CARE on social media! Feel free to like or share our content with the candidates and current Members of Congress you think need to know about global development and ending poverty. Make sure to tag them in your posts.
|CARE on Facebook||CARE on Twitter|
3. Follow your Member of Congress and congressional candidates on Twitter, Facebook or other platforms to keep track of what they are working on and talking about. Your candidates and incumbent Members of Congress will likely list social media information on his/her website.
4. Learn how to add a constituent badge to your Facebook page to get better visibility in your district with your Member of Congress.
Feel free to click the sample tweets below and immediately share on your own Twitter feed or reword to reflect your own voice. Be sure to look up the twitter handle of your candidate or Member of Congress and tag him or her using the @ symbol.
U.S. Foreign Assistance
- @[Candidate] The U.S. spends < 1% of the budget on global development. Make fighting foreign assistance a priority in the 2020 Elections
Food and Nutrition Security
- @[Candidate] More than 820 million people worldwide are hungry. Let’s make ending #globalhunger a priority in the 2020 Elections!
Gender in Emergencies
- @[Candidate] When crisis strikes, women and girls are hit the hardest. Let's prioritize humanitarian emergencies in the 2020 Elections and find solutions to keeping women safe.
- [Candidate] One in three women worldwide will experience violence in her lifetime. Please make empowering women and ending violence globally a priority in the 2020 Elections.
- @[Candidate] Healthy moms around the world mean healthy societies. We need candidates in the 2020 Elections who will champion global maternal health programs and fund essential services.
Writing your own Facebook messages or tweets? Great! Here are some questions to inspire you:
- How are the 2020 elections relevant to fighting poverty globally?
- Why does fighting poverty inspire you to take action? What can your friends and family do to help?
- What will you do when you return home after a candidate’s town hall to continue the conversation?
- What’s the overall goal of the candidate’s campaign? How can you contribute to making sure that global issues are part of their platform?