Announcing Advocate U!
Announcing Advocate U!
Every day seems to offer up new reasons why every citizen needs to get directly involved in the political process. CARE Action is inspired by how many people are watching current events unfold and looking for creative, effective ways to voice their opinions and make the world a better, safer, more equal place for everyone. The problem is, beyond a demonstration, post, petition or donation; many people don’t know what else to do.
That’s why CARE Action is excited to launch our brand new Advocate U– an online university that provides tools and resources to teach you how to be a leader in the fight against global poverty and for the world we all want to live in.
Whether you’re coming in as a long-time advocate or you’re a new supporter just getting your feet wet, Advocate U is designed to support your advocacy journey with CARE. You’ll find:
- Issue briefs on CARE’s advocacy campaigns,
- Step-by-step guides for reaching out to your Member of Congress,
- Tips on building a strong delegation of CARE supporters,
- Sample op-eds,
- Templates for organizing CARE events,
- Lots of stories about CARE advocacy in action, and so much more.
Citizen advocacy is an essential part of CARE’s multi-pronged advocacy strategy. We depend on committed, dedicated advocates to have important conversations with members of Congress, community members and other advocates. We count on our citizen advocates to help educate, inform and influence policy makers and the people who have the power to support CARE’s priority issues. Advocate U is designed to support our advocates with all the tools, opportunities and resources they need to be as effective as possible.
When combined with CARE’s 70 years of experience, its longstanding government relationships and immersive learning tour programs, CARE and CARE Action are powerful. Together, we’re advocating for lifesaving legislative initiatives and foreign assistance policies and funding that supports programs to empower women and girls, foster strong, resilient communities, eradicate poverty and increase humanitarian assistance.
- If you’ve been an advocate for a while – Advocate U is full of fresh resources to hone your skills, inspire new ideas and keep you up-to-date on CARE’s priority issues.
- If you’re just starting out – we understand how intimidating it can be. Advocate U breaks everything down so you understand how CARE works, what issues are important to us and how to influence the people who can make change happen.
CARE has introduced the advocacy process to thousands of people around the world and now, Advocate U puts all our tools in one easy-to-access online location. Along with your Regional Advocacy Coordinator and our network of seasoned advocates, CARE Action! and Advocate U are here to support you as you build your advocacy skills and confidence.
Strong advocacy is needed now more than ever. Start boosting your skills today by checking out Advocate U. Then, help us spread the word online and in your communities that class is now in session. Together, we’ll train and build an army of engaged citizen advocates to lobby for the international, humanitarian policies, leadership and US support that’s needed now more than ever.